Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacin Special Treatment Essence

I love my fermented yeast. It started with SK-II and since then, I’ve been looking for similar products that give me the same glow (and maybe more) for half the price. One of the serums I’ve been seeing a lot and has gotten me interested is the Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacin Essence.

LRM_EXPORT_20170313_221519white_wm

I was able to get the limited edition 80ml bottle from Beauty Box Korea for about $28USD and compared to SK-II’s 75ml at $165USD, it’s a pretty good steal!

This essence is said to contain 97% galactomyces and the rest of the 3% is made up of different plant extracts so every drop is potent goodness! But what is this essence made up of?

LRM_EXPORT_20170512_154403white_wm

Ingredients: Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Niacinamide, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate.

Taking from Manyo Factory’s website…

manyo-galactomyces-recipe

Galactomyces is the extract of yeast fungus obtained by the fermentation process. Yeast fungus contain large amounts of vitamins B and P, as well as elements such as calcium, iron, zinc, iodine, folic acid. Galactomyces extract intensively moisturizes skin, increases its immunity and protects skin cells from harmful exposure to UV rays, accelerates the synthesis of collagen and glycoproteins, thereby improving the protective mechanisms of the skin. The skin becomes elastic and tight.

Niacinamide on the other hand is also known as Vitamin B3 which has been proven  to be a multi-tasking ingredient that addresses a surprising range of skin care concerns, no matter your age or skin type. So yes, this serum is all goodness.

It also claims to improve your overall skin appearance and texture in 30 days.

Galactomyces-Niacin-Special-Treatment-Essence

Pretty huge claims right?

LRM_EXPORT_20170512_154511white_wm

This highly concentrated essence aka super juice comes in a clear glass bottle with the usual dropper applicator. But unlike other droppers, this one is a bit angled so that when you squeeze some product out, it doesn’t just continuously gush out. The essence is clear and runny but not like water; slightly thicker than that.

Manyo Factory’s site recommends the following “dosage”:

  • for dry/very dry skin: 6-7 drops
  • for normal/oily skin: 4-5 drops

Once you spread it on your skin, it feels like there’s oil or an oil-like film is left but since the product contains no oil, it is most likely one of the delicious hydrating ingredients that’s leaving this film. After a couple of minutes of patting it in, the skin absorbs the essence very nicely. leaving it soft and feeling very hydrated.

I have been using this essence twice a day for a little over a month now and I am already looking into getting a back up. My skin has become more moisturized, oil production kept under control, has relatively kept my blemishes at bay, and has made my skin a bit brighter. The thin, watery consistency is also perfect for layering. It doesn’t pill up and doesn’t make my makeup cake.

Would I repurchase this? Yes, definitely. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s